Thursday, September 07, 2006

?

Strange things are a foot.....tell you more later....


The kids are doing great! Staci may be getting ready to poop in the potty. She tells us "potty" now when she's gone in her pull up. Cross your fingers!

Jon is a mixture of Superman, Spiderman, the Flash, and Bob the Builder right now. Oh and Darkwing Duck! It's kind of hard to keep up with who he's supposed to be at any given moment!

Destiny is officially reading!!!!!
It's like reading that first sentence opened a door in her mind! She's getting it now. We read four "ready to read" books from Barnes and Noble last night. By the last book, she had learned about 3 more sight words and was reading almost complete sentences with a little help using phonics from me! I'm definitly doing a happy dance here! She even got excited when we read the word "cup". Mommy! That sounds like up!!!! Look (covers the "c") it's up! I almost peed my pants.
She's learning to come to me when she needs something. Especially when it's an emotional need. That was hard for her. She got in trouble for lying the other day and after our talk, I looked into her eyes and said "I love you" four times. I think this may have helped.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

You're doing an amazing job Ivy! Keep up the good work!!!!
Ryan

Sarah and Tim said...

Seeing a child read for the first time has got to be so rewarding. I was a super bookworm as a child, so I hope my future (?) children are, too.