Wednesday, September 13, 2006

YES!!!!!

We had a visit with our s/w yesterday and guess what!!! We'll be able to sign the adoptive placement paperwork within a few weeks!!!!!! I'm so excited! Finally, the process for adoption is officially rolling. We should be able to finalize by December, latest. I can't believe it. Time has gone by so fast. Our s/w and the kiddos' CPS worker in San Antonio are just the best. They have been great every step of the way and I cannot thank them enough. It feels good that someone is out there lobbying and fighting for us and our kids. They even waived the six month waiting period (or we wouldv'e had to wait until November to sign these papers.)
In some ways, it feels as though our family has been together forever. But in others, it feels like it was just a little bit ago that Bobby and I were so devastated and having a hard time starting our family. God has been so giving to us. I don't know if I'll ever get over the pain I went through, but I know that we have been given some incredible incredible gifts. My tears have become those of joy. My aches and pains have become those of having carried a two year old around all day while also working with my other children. My fears now revolve around taking care of them, instead of wondering what the future will hold. My life has more focus, more joy, more laughter than I ever thought possible.

Is our family complete?
I don't think so.
Will we adopt again?
We don't know. But one thing is for sure. We are definitly fulfilled.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

I'm so happy for all of your good news recently!!! Glad things are going well!
Ryan

AFC said...

Sorry I'm a little late responding but how wonderful!! I am elated for you and your story is truly inspiring.