Tuesday, November 18, 2008

10 more days!

In just ten days, Bob will be coming home! Granted he has to leave after only three days, but then he'll be home for good in December! This whole experience has been so strange for me. Never did I ever think that I would be able to make it as a military wife. Never. I'm not that strong. I swear I'm not. But here we sit, the house isn't totally destroyed, the kids are alive and well, and I'm ok. I think.

Now needless to say, I have had my moments! Those times when you run to your room, shut the door and tell the kids, "Mommy needs a timeout!!" And then proceed to cry your eyes out from exhaustion and lonliness. Yeah. Those times were hard. You know that the kids know you've been crying but your supposed to be the strong one. Ouch man. Seriously. But I think those are the times when you band together as a family and say, "We can do this."

So here's the game plan: Bob's flight comes in on Thanksgiving morning. My mom will come to the house to help us cook and get ready, and then the kids and I, all dressed up, will go to the airport and give him a hero's welcome! I'm going to make a banner that says, "Welcome Home Soldier Medic!" and hang it in the house. So that day will be all giggles and smiles and food! And then on Friday, after we put up the Christmas decorations, he and I will go on a date. He's taking me to see "Twilight!" I'm so excited! I'm sure we'll also have dinner too. Saturday will be spent hanging out at home, loving the kids. And then I will take him to the airport Sunday for his flight back to Ft Sam Houston. And then we will wait for him to come home just 2 short weeks later. Thank goodness this time apart has gone by so fast. We both needed it too. But I can say I'm so proud of him for doing this. He's gone all the way and he's such a different person now. Aside from losing near 70 pounds, he's more motivated than ever before and has a new game plan for his life. He's even learned how to say no to me, bummer!

As for me, I'm ok. I've been on Lupron for 3 months now and Dr G is in shock that I've had virtually no side effects. WOO HOO! He also told me that if we decided to go through with Dr N's plan, he feels that it is possible I won't get hyperemesis again. But we'll see. We have to get Bob home and reoriented first before we can even begin to decide. But, if Dr N has his way, I'll be knocked up within 6 months of Bob coming home!

The kids are great. Luke has a bit of a cold, but nothing major. It just makes him a cranky bug. But mommy loves him through it!

oh and I've decided to try my hand at making white fudge...wish me luck!

No comments: