Sunday, November 02, 2008

If I knew then what I know now...

Hello all! Here's a quick update before I get to my thought of the day.

Luke: We are now wearing size 2t! He's 18 months old and doing great. He's beginning to talk a little more and finally has a full head of curly hair!

Staci: She is testing bounderies and moving from toddlerhood the childhood. I can't believe in just a few months she's going to be five. Poor thing is in a hard place. She still wants to be a baby, but at the same time being a big girl is so cool. LOL She told me the other day that she's going to be my baby girl forever. Oh I hope so!!

Jon: Can you believe my once quiet, shy little man is growing into a strong leader? I think we did the right thing giving him another kindergarden year. His teachers have nothing but great things to say about him, including the fact that he helps keep the other students in line!

Destiny: In bed right now with the stomach flu. My poor monkey started throwing up last night. She seems to be feeling better, but I'm leary about giving her food right now. Otherwise, she's great. She seems to be making some great strides right now. Beginning to like herself for who she is and not look to be liked by others. This is a big thing for me.

Bobby: He took his last paper test this week! He's almost finished. ONly five more weeks until he is home! (ok ok more like 5 1/2) OH and he's coming home for thanksgiving. We booked his flights last week.

Me: Bob is almost home. Enough said.


MY THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Have you ever wondered if things would have gone differently if you were wiser when you were younger? For example: When Bob and I were doing fertility treatments, I never really researched things. I didn't look into herbs or anything. Would that have made the difference? There are so many out there that help. Like Vitex and Chaste berry. And they have been used for centuries, so they must work. And with the hyperemesis. Why didn't I try red rasberry leaf tea? Would that have helped? I'm even wondering why I didn't use cloth diapers. Wouldn't it have been less expensive and better for the environment?

And here's the kicker: As a mom, and I hope it's normal, I find myself very tired and aggitated sometimes. It's not that it's too much. No. I get time to rest and the kids are wonderful. I think it's just the normal mom stuff. But as it comes, the aggitation, I tend to get snippy with the kids. I snap and find myself being cranky with them. Why? It's nothing they have done. And then I look back on it later and wonder why the fuss? It's not a big deal. If luke spills staci's drink because she left it on the table and not the counter, is spilled juice worth crying over? I should think not.

What if we could, like Merlin, live backwards? Would we really be wiser and happier? Or would things turn out totally different? I happen to be very happy with my life. I'm neither wealthy nor poor, I have my children, my job, my husband. There's nothing wrong with that.

So I digress knowing that I'll continue to make mistakes and hopefully learn from them. Maybe one day wisdom will show up on my doorstep. If not, i'm sure the kids will find perfectly good hiding places for those times when mommy just isn't herself....

No comments: