Friday, August 04, 2006

Another New Start

This is my last official weekday as a SAHM. I go back to work Monday. *cry* Later today I'll take enrollment papers to Staci's daycare and she'll start Monday too. So we're off to another new beginning. Jon will be starting school for the first time, Staci will be starting daycare for the first time, Destiny will be starting a new school, and I'll be going back to work. Wow. All in a matter of a week. Hmmm....

I'll no longer be spending the majority of my time cleaning and cooking (although you wouldn't think that's what I do what with all the food stuck to the kitchen floor, dishes in the sink, and toys all over the place!) My feet will be in high heels instead of barefoot with food particles stuck to the bottoms (let me tell you!! Those Kix can really stick!) I'll actually do my hair as opposed to the afro I've been studding around (yes, afro. I have short curly beyond curly hair). I'll be teaching 8th graders all day instead of my little preschool babies. I'll be talking to grown-ups instead of changing pull-ups (Staci still has little accidents.) An alarm clock will wake me up instead of children. I'll have to rush home to get dinner cooking. I'll have to make lunches at 9:00 at night. No more quiet time. And 3:00 will be my favorite time of the day. Another new start, another new kind of life.

I love adventure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you a teacher? I hope that you enjoy your time and I'm sure that it is very hard!

Gwen said...

Good luck with back to work and all the new beginnings!