Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Life as a Mom

Okay, so this Mom thing...what a job. I'm so glad I had the summer to get used to SOME of the everyday stuff before I had to go back to work. Now that work and school have started...WOW! I'm up at 5:30 and don't stop until the kiddos go to bed at 8:00. Shower, get dressed, wake kids up, feed kids, make lunches, make food for myself, leave house. Drop off Staci, drop off Destiny, go to work. Get to work just as the first bell rings for school to start. Teach, teach, teach. Pick up Jon from school, pick up Destiny and Staci. Go home. Tutor Destiny on her reading (sight words are key this week!) Cook. Eat. Bath time. Bed time.

Non stop people. Non stop.

Did I mention that Staci has learned the art of the dirty look? Oh boy. My poor baby has had time out at least once a day for the past week!

Well, get back to ya'll later, the shower beckons me. (My students might appreciate it in the morning!!)

2 comments:

Gwen said...

It is a lot of work isn't it? It sounds like you are doing a great job! I thought I had it hard to adjust after having just one for nearly seven years and then adding a newborn only to add a 3 1/2 year old sixteen months after the newborn. So essentially I added two more children to the mix in sixteen months. I cannot imagine 3 all at once!

It is a blessing though isn't it? I wouldn't have it any other way!

AFC said...

You sound so busy, I'm sure you wouldn't have it any other way! What blessings you have!!